Wednesday, February 21, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch #259

I struggled with my card for this week's CAS(E) This Sketch and I don't know why.  Here's the sketch.
I knew the image I wanted to use for the circle but couldn't figure out what to do with the vertical panel.  After much playing I settled on this.  Meh.

I watched a couple of videos on how to do the clouds.  Some people do a fantastic job with them and I tried several times using both a die and a hand cut scallop in both blue and gray.  These are done with Hickory Smoke DI.  The images and sentiment are from EH and colored with Zigs.

I was at Circle this morning and we signed cards for three people that are having health issues and I know of a few more.  This card will definitely come in handy.

Thank you for dropping by.  I hope you are doing well.

13 comments:

Melissa Grant said...

This is sweet! I would definitely feel better if I received a card like this! :)

Lisa Elton said...

I like your rain clouds Bobby! This is such a cute card. The blue umbrella is fabulous!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, I just LOVE that cute little bear. And your clouds are spectacular, well DONE!!! This card is just fabulous - I think I have to pin!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Bobby! Fabulous take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm happy we can finally put the umbrella away, Bobby... but your clouds are a treat! no matter the weather! and Mr. Bear always make me...
=]

Mac Mable said...

Loving your card and such a clever interpretation of the sketch x

Ina G said...

Fabulous take on the sketch Bobby. Those clouds are perfect. I'm loving our rain at present. Such a pleasant relief from the heat we have experienced lately. Super cute Get Well card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

how adorable....love what you did with the panel...this would cheer anyone up!
xx Karen

Rouva Pupu said...

So cute!

Anita in France said...

Meh?? Don't think so, Bobby ... those clouds are fabulously fluffy ... perfect as a backdrop for that sweet bear ... and sure to brighten someone's day! Hugs, Anita :)

donna mikasa said...

Love your take on the sketch, Bobby! And that cloud background is just perfect!
Congrats on your HM shout out at CTS!

ElizStewart said...

So adorable!

cm said...

No "meh" happening here, Bobby! Just a sweet bear, with a pretty umbrella, cheering somebody's 'glooms' away. I think this is both thoughtful and adorable! Best thing I found for creating clouds: MFT Cloud stencil. Sooooo easy to use... http://www.mftstamps.com/stencil-cloud
Hugs~c