Saturday, March 18, 2017

Addicted to CAS #107

Barb has chosen 'seaside' as our code word at Addicted to CAS this week. This conjured up so many images for me.  When we used to be Alabama snowbirds, my husband and I walked the beach almost every day and picked up shells along the way. That's what inspired my card.
I used my MFT Sea Life dies to make this little scene on the watercolored sky and sand.  I cut the starfish and sand dollar from coaster paper, adding gesso to the sand dollar and colored texture paste to the starfish. The other shells were cut from a scrap of inked paper in my stash.  It took a while to find a sentiment - always a dilemma for me - but went with this one from PTI embossed in white.

Stamplorations is the sponsor for this challenge and are offering a $10 voucher to their store.
The Design Team has some wonderful inspiration for you over at the ATCAS blog.  Check them out and then enter your card in the gallery.

11 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card....simply wonderful scene you have created. Love your beach!

Susan said...

Wow, this card is just perfect. It looks so real and dimensional!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful take on the code word, Bobby! I love how you blended your inks and how you created texture and dimension on each of your seashells! Gorgeous background, too! I'll bet you and hubby miss your long walks on the beach...it's such a relaxing thing to do :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty!

Cindy C. said...

So very pretty! Love the textures and dimension!

Lisa Elton said...

Awesome texture Bobby, this is wonderful!

Ellenor said...

This card is Beautiful, I love it! :)

Ellenor

Nance said...

Amazing, Bobby! Love the textures you created on the shells!

Anita in France said...

What fabulous depth and texture, Bobby ... I could almost be on that beach! Hugs, Anita :)

Gwendolyn said...

This is simply amazing Bobby! I would have loved to know more on how you decorated the starfish.

Bobby said...

All I did was color some texture paste with Antique Linen Distress Ink and dab it on with a palette knife, lifting it to make the texture.